Polaris 360 wheel RPM

markayash

Gold Supporter
TFP Guide
Mar 21, 2016
Atlanta Ga
I was reading in the manual wheels rpm should be 24 to 32 but that seems excessive? Mine is closer to 14 and seems to move pretty fast and even cranking my pump pressure up to kill mode didn't seem to increase it a ton.

Wondering if any Polaris "experts" have any input?

24 to 32 wheel RPM seem to be the standard pressure recommendation for all the Polaris pressure cleaners.

If you are happy with the way your Polaris climbs the walls and moves around then I would not worry about your wheel speed.

How old is your 360 and have you replaced the wheel bearings?

I find my Polaris slows down and gets sluggish as it ages and then a rebuild gets it moving again. The cleaners develop corrosion and friction in its moving parts and the water pressure propulsion does not have a lot of torque to overcome any friction.

Reactions: markayash
24 to 32 wheel RPM seem to be the standard pressure recommendation for all the Polaris pressure cleaners.

If you are happy with the way your Polaris climbs the walls and moves around then I would not worry about your wheel speed.

How old is your 360 and have you replaced the wheel bearings?

I find my Polaris slows down and gets sluggish as it ages and then a rebuild gets it moving again. The cleaners develop corrosion and friction in its moving parts and the water pressure propulsion does not have a lot of torque to overcome any friction.
I bought it used off Mercadi but it looks almost new. I did take it apart and make sure everything inside looked normal and clean.

I don’t like running the tail so I did turn in the Allen screw more to cut off too much water going out the back and Will test it again

I was reading in the manual wheels rpm should be 24 to 32 but that seems excessive? Mine is closer to 14 and seems to move pretty fast and even cranking my pump pressure up to kill mode didn't seem to increase it a ton.

Wondering if any Polaris "experts" have any input?
Great wheel speed hack for Polaris 380. Using a permanent black marker, I’ve created a 1 inch band on one of the two side wheels. The band extends side to side on the rubber wheel cover and is about one inch thick. It’s great because you can see it underwater while the Polaris is moving around and you don’t have to pull it out every time to see how many times it makes it around in a minute.

Last edited:
Great wheel speed hack for Polaris 260. Using a permanent black marker, I’ve created a 1 inch band on one of the two side wheels. The band extends side to side on the rubber wheel cover and is about one inch thick. It’s great because you can see it underwater while the Polaris is moving around and you don’t have to pull it out every time to see how many times it makes it around in a minute.
But it’s fun to get squirted when you put it back in 🤿

Reactions: CarefreeTee
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.