Polaris 360 or 380

mgbtvor

Aug 20, 2022
st louis
First off, not sure which one I have, as it came with the house and it is at least 25 yrs old probably. Anyway, the problem is that the Polaris seems to move around the pool but the debris isn't being sucked up into bag. Bag doesn't even inflate like it used to do. I've replace the swivels that were leaking.
The pressure relief valve is tightened all the way down, but some water still sprays out of it. That has been replaced in the last few years, I believe.
The back-up valve seems to work fine but some water also sprays out of the port, even when not in back up mode. Is this normal?
In the backup mode, a steady stream comes out. When I blow air into the end of the back-up valve, I can hear gears spinning. I can't unscrew the valve to look inside. It probably has never been opened.
The 3 little ports on the bottom of the Polaris seem to be spraying water into the bag, but bag just lays limp.
Any ideas? A new back-up valve? If so, are the 360 & 380 interchangeable
Thank you

Hi. Regardless of which it is, sounds like something has changed about the pressure it's getting to the sweep jets. Could be an obstruction in the water management gizmo in the base. More likely somewhere else. For example make sure to clean the in-line filter.

I'm attaching a troubleshooting guide that covers all the possibilities. The test where you measure revolutions of the wheels per minute is a good one to start with.

Attachments

• Polaris 360-380 Troubleshooting (3).pdf
    1.5 MB · Views: 2
First off, not sure which one I have, as it came with the house and it is at least 25 yrs old probably. Anyway, the problem is that the Polaris seems to move around the pool but the debris isn't being sucked up into bag. Bag doesn't even inflate like it used to do. I've replace the swivels that were leaking.
The pressure relief valve is tightened all the way down, but some water still sprays out of it. That has been replaced in the last few years, I believe.
The back-up valve seems to work fine but some water also sprays out of the port, even when not in back up mode. Is this normal?
In the backup mode, a steady stream comes out. When I blow air into the end of the back-up valve, I can hear gears spinning. I can't unscrew the valve to look inside. It probably has never been opened.
The 3 little ports on the bottom of the Polaris seem to be spraying water into the bag, but bag just lays limp.
Any ideas? A new back-up valve? If so, are the 360 & 380 interchangeable
Thank you
380 backup valve fits 380 hose. 360 backup valve fits 360 hose. The shell and internal parts are different. Is the wall screen clean?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.