Polaris 280

Are you saying that the side wheel is not turning?
Referencing this diagram:
Polaris Vac Sweep 280 Cleaner Replacement Parts

When you install the wheels, the screws (14) that hold the axles on go into 2 slotted holes. You can adjust how hard the wheel gears ride upon the axle.
For the rear wheel, you can push it up against the idler wheel (24). You can pull the idler wheel down (its spring loaded) then push the rear wheel forward. This will allow the idler wheel to have pressure on both the front wheel and the rear wheel. That is how the rear wheel is driven.

Turning the outside single wheel should be spinning the drive shaft which in turn should be spinning the front right wheel. It should not slip going forward or backwards.

Now, when you say its not covering the whole pool area, are you saying the hose is not reaching or what I've seen is if it does not have enough pump pressure, it will run then start to lean on one side then turn around soon. It can also be the angle of the thrust jet (23).

I believe the float keeps it upright but unless the inside jets are creating enough flow, its not going to be as effective in sucking itself down to the floor.
One additional thing to try other than looking at the float is to remove the filter bag and see what it does. If the bag is not providing enough flow, the venturi effect will not be as strong.
When I had a DE leak, the DE was clogging up the inside of my bag and my 280 was very lethargic.

Well, don't know if you got yours fixed or not but I had the same thing happening to mine today. pulled it out and pulled the bag. I had a 2" tile stuck right there in the main column. (been doing tile work and a few fell in the pool Saturday). Try running yours w/o the bag and look at those jets in the middle to verify they are pumping out water. Thats the venturi effect and without that the polaris won't be sucked down to the floor.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.