Polaris 280 sits on its nose

Slingblade1177

Aug 6, 2021
Texas
My 280 rests on its nose instead of flat when idle, and sometimes comes off a wall and stays nose down/butt up. It will eventually stabilize and run flat, but this is not normal I believe causes other issues.

I have taken it apart multiple times and all parts are fairly new. I’ve tried a few different floats and it still rests on the front tire. It’s driving me crazy and I want it right. If I remove the float it will rest flat, but of course won’t run correctly. The attached pic is not my cleaner, but that’s what it looks like when not in motion.

Please help

Attachments

• 6C4AF2C2-910D-4D8D-B7F0-745CFCE7FC46.png
    6C4AF2C2-910D-4D8D-B7F0-745CFCE7FC46.png
    648 KB · Views: 9
Welcome to TFP.

Post pics of your cleaner in the water and the way the feed hose lays in the water.

Try the things in these threads...

My 280 rests on its nose instead of flat when idle, and sometimes comes off a wall and stays nose down/butt up. It will eventually stabilize and run flat, but this is not normal I believe causes other issues.

I have taken it apart multiple times and all parts are fairly new. I’ve tried a few different floats and it still rests on the front tire. It’s driving me crazy and I want it right. If I remove the float it will rest flat, but of course won’t run correctly. The attached pic is not my cleaner, but that’s what it looks like when not in motion.

Please help
Just got my 1st pool, I had this issue from the get go and figured it wasn't right, AND it's brand new! Checked everything out mechanically and all was good from the pressure to the polaris.

SOLVED this by loosing the hose that feeds the polaris and make sure the natural bend of the hose is towards the rear of the polaris and retightened. Thing stucks to bottom like a Porsche on a race track now! Hope this helps!

Brian

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.