FL
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-40
I have a new (year old) pool that came with a Polaris 280 booster pump cleaner. After a year and change of use, I've noticed that the 280's bottom is scratching the liner at the transition from the angled portion beginning the deep end, to the flat shallow end. The liner is showing some white marks, where the 280 is scratching off the printed pattern; and the bottom of the 280 has slight marks on the bottom of the shell, between the two large drive wheels.

Neither Polaris nor Loop loc had much to say when I called them about it, other than say it's not a covered warranty issue. I purchased the tank Trax kit to try on the 280, in hopes that it will help. Has anyone else seen this happen before? I'd like to avoid buying a new cleaner, but it's a small cost compared to a new liner.

This shows that the slope should not exceed a 1:3 ratio.

Check your slope ratio.

Check your local building code to see if the slope is defined.

If the slope is too steep, then the builder is at fault, but trying to get a resolution won’t be cheap or easy.

Do you have a scale drawing of your pool profile from the side?

1653164710446.png

Thank you for a great reply. I don't have a drawing as it was never provided, and I'm getting the feeling my builder was a little more "casual" with that than I had anticipated. I ended up getting the Trax kit for the 280 and I've also changed the frequency of the 280 running, to hopefully alleviate some of the stress on the liner and cleaner. So far, it looks like it's running okay and from what I can tell, the new bottom of the 280 trax kit is intact.

Ultimately, I think the issue is the slope and I'm kinda stuck. Thankfully our screen enclosure is fantastic and the need for the cleaner is almost negated by some brushing and TLC.

I really appreciate your info and that confirmed what I had thought originally. Won't be recommending this fella to anyone in the area that's for sure....

Reactions: JamesW
i've had your problems on 3 pools now. just got a new liner and hope to minimize the rub-off. i installed a trax system on our 280 also last month. going to try and change the run time too. do you think any of that helped?
thx

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.