Plumbing questions

Kemble

Gold Supporter
Mar 12, 2017
CO
So I've had my eye on this 18' x 33' x 54" pool from poolfactory: https://www.thepoolfactory.com/saltwater8000-18x33x54-oval.html Reason: Seams like the lowest price salt water capable pool that I can semi bury apx 27". If anyone has a different suggestion/recommendation then please let me know.

Question #1: The pool specs don't say how many drains/returns it has. Unless I wasn't able to find it, I'm assuming 1 drain (skimmer) and just 1 return. I've been reading here at TFP that so many pool owners have more than 1 drain and more than 1 return. Is this a pool manufacture count or do all/most pools only have 1 of each and the installer chooses to increase this? Is it just as simple as putting in a Y connector in the return line to split a return into 2 ?

I have not picked out my pump/filter but will most likely be going with a 1.5hp 2 speed pump & sand filter. I'm also interested in a SWG and doing 2" pvc piping and buying the piping and locating the pad apx 25-30' from the skimmer.

Question #2: I have never installed an in ground pool before. Can I choose to put the return anywhere or is the return hole already cut out of the side walls? I want to locate the skimmer in the NW corner of the pool and put the return in the SE corner of the pool to promote water circulation.

Thanks !!

Much of what you are interested determining related to included drain/skimmer/returns is listed in the installation instructions of prefab pool kits. I am sure the seller can discuss additional plumbing questions with you. Sorry I don't have the expertise on above ground kits to help you further.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.