Plumbing help (New Construction)

SouthTXpool

Apr 3, 2022
South Texas
We ended up terminating our pool builder, reasons too numerous to list here. Apparently we are in the finish out phase and other PB's have come in and immediately noticed that our plumbing looks much different than standard now. Some have even feared that it's not set up to support our spa and/or water features. Looking for assistance from others that may know of a resolution.

There are a bunch of pipes in the wall of the pool, and only one main drain (based on what other PB's have told me). We were supposed to have 8 jets in our spa, two (24" rain descents), 2 fire/water bowls and 2 bubblers in our sun shelf. Main concern being there isn't enough water coming back to the pool pump to push these features if at all, forget even at the same time. There are a total of 11 pipes in the walls of the pool, and 2 in the bottom of the spa.

Would we be able to take some of these pipes and use them as returns to get water back to the pool pump to be able to use these other features? Also is the air blower enough to push a 8x8 spa?

It's such a shame that we have worked so hard to be able to save for this pool and this is the experience we are having. Would really appreciate any feedback/ideas anyone has! Also let me know if there is any other info I can provide.

Here are some photos and what our contract stated for the equipment that the last PB was supposed to provide:

EQUIPMENT:
• Pentair Sand Filter (TR100)-30” SM Triton II
• Pentair 1HP Air Blower
• Pentair .75 Booster Pump
• Pentair 3 HP Variable Speed Pump
• Inline Pentair 320 Pool Chlorinator
• Pentair Polaris Prowler 920
• Pentair 400000 BTU propane heater
• Easy 8 Full Automation System

tempImage2HxWZT.jpgtempImagedLCIBq.jpgtempImageBSWjQY.jpg

Attachments

• tempImageH4H5no.jpg
    tempImageH4H5no.jpg
    813.7 KB · Views: 43
Hi, welcome to TFP! Do you have a schematic of your plumbing design? How many gallons is this pool approximately supposed to hold? Any main drain should have 2 pipes approximately 6-8 feet apart that feed into one line under the pool to prevent suction entrapment. Water is fed to the pump from the skimmer sometimes alone and sometimes in conjunction with a main drain. Do you only have one skimmer? Whether or not you will need a second depends more on the volume of the pool and less on how many outlets are available to return the water to the pool.

Reactions: PoolNewbie2022
Hi, welcome to TFP! Do you have a schematic of your plumbing design? How many gallons is this pool approximately supposed to hold? Any main drain should have 2 pipes approximately 6-8 feet apart that feed into one line under the pool to prevent suction entrapment. Water is fed to the pump from the skimmer sometimes alone and sometimes in conjunction with a main drain. Do you only have one skimmer? Whether or not you will need a second depends more on the volume of the pool and less on how many outlets are available to return the water to the pool.
Thanks for responding. Unfortunately there is zero schematic of the plumbing design. From what I gather the 2 drains on the main floor are 3' from each other (Other PB's said at least that looks correct). I think our gallons are close to 17,500. I have 2 skimmers.

Sorry I wish I had more info to assist you.

If the main drains are in the spa only that may be as far apart as they can get them. They should be far enough apart to make it difficult for one person to block it off by laying across them. Please post a photo of where all the pipes come out of the ground. That might help us narrow things down a bit. Did they already deck around the pool? Did they leave you the equipment?

Reactions: SouthTXpool
If the main drains are in the spa only that may be as far apart as they can get them. They should be far enough apart to make it difficult for one person to block it off by laying across them. Please post a photo of where all the pipes come out of the ground. That might help us narrow things down a bit. Did they already deck around the pool? Did they leave you the equipment?
Thanks, I really appreciate it. We had a separate company come in and Get it under pressure to check for leaks so we are good there. Hope this photo helps. They already did deck around the pool, and no equipment was brought to the site.

tempImageAee6Va.jpg

Do you have a plan to finish it yourself or hire a contractor? Having them tested up to this point when you have lost your original installer is a good move, moving forward you know what is under and around the pool is leakproof.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.