Goldsboro, NC
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Hayward Aqua Rite (T-15)
Okay, I’m missing something. It appears my SuperFlo has 1.5” inlets/outlets. My pipe is 2”. It came with a union kit 1.5” 351157.

How do I use that, if at all, to connect this pump to my 2” pipe?

Thanks!

Do I simply get a union and join their union with my existing pipe by cutting the end of pipe I’m holding?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    207.2 KB · Views: 10
Looks like you can either use the bulkhead-type fitting that would go on the external threads, or use the white adapter that screws into the pump's internal threads port. Then you glue PVC into that with a union somewhere of course for removal later.

Reactions: SPKNout4CHRIST
It looks like they want 10” of pipe leading into the pump. Well this pump inlet is lower than my old one, so I’m going to have to 90 it twice to drop it to the right height.

Should I do a 90 down and then 90 towards the pump and go 10” from there to the suction inlet? That puts the pressure side out of line, so I’ll have to 90 it some.

Also, does there need to be a certain length of straight pipe on the pressure side too?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    842.6 KB · Views: 10
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    720.8 KB · Views: 11
Instead of 90 degree fittings, try messing around with two 45s. You might be able to make that angle, but I don't know if you'll have 11 inches of free pipe.
If I push the pump back to have 11” of pipe, can I have more direct pipe on the pressure side? I didn’t see anything in the manual about minimum pipe on the pressure side.

If I push the pump back to have 11” of pipe, can I have more direct pipe on the pressure side? I didn’t see anything in the manual about minimum pipe on the pressure side.
I'm guessing there's no minimum on the pressure side, but you probably want more than a guess. Let's see if @mas985 can help out.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.