Plumbing and Skimmer Issues

btk1017

Jan 8, 2021
Tampa, FL
I wanted to provide an update. So it ended up being a cut line @ the return end. The cut the old drain line out with a concrete saw and ended up chopping my Skimmer and Main Drain Lines.

btk1017

Jan 8, 2021
Tampa, FL
BTK,

I can't think of anything, other than a check valve, that would cause water to flow one way and not the other... :scratch:

I like Allen's idea of making sure that all the pipes go to where we think they go..

Thanks,

Jim R.

Hi Jim,
Wanted to provide you a link to a video i took yesterday. This shows where my pool pavers cut my main drain line and my skimmer line @ the return. Just fixed it this morning and pool is running like new! I also fixed the valves at both the return and suction sides :) Thanks again for all your help on this!

Reactions: Jimrahbe and JJ_Tex

Jimrahbe

Mod Squad
TFP Expert
LifeTime Supporter
Jul 7, 2014
Bedford, TX
btk,

Glad you got it fixed.. :thumleft:

Still not sure how water would flow one way, but not the other way.. Odd, indeed.

Thanks,

Jim R.

btk1017

Jan 8, 2021
Tampa, FL
btk,

Glad you got it fixed.. :thumleft:

Still not sure how water would flow one way, but not the other way.. Odd, indeed.

Thanks,

Jim R.

There were two check valves, one on the skimmer and the spa underground right at the 90 where it cut back out to my equipment o_O? They were both locked.

Jimrahbe

Mod Squad
TFP Expert
LifeTime Supporter
Jul 7, 2014
Bedford, TX
btk,

Underground check valves... What could possibly go wrong with that idea... :rolleyes:

Jim R.

Last edited:
Reactions: Bperry
Thread Status
Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.