Bronze Supporter
Apr 16, 2019
Bremen, GA, 65 m west of Atlanta
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
I have a 14'x48" round above ground pool, with one inlet to the pool and two outlets (out of the pool). If I'm using those backwards, please correct me!

Anyway, I have a Hayward through wall skimmer, which takes up one of the ports that takes water from the pool. The corresponding hole in the pool wall is pluged, since the skimmer takes the place of it.

My question is about the second port -- do I plug it or leave it open? My husband says to close it but I'm afraid of starving the pump for water.

Any suggestions?

If you're seeing good skimming action now, I would keep it open to help improve circulation. Plugging that suction would result in full suction at the skimmer.

Edit:

Keep in mind, an open suction could is an entrapment hazard for young kids. You might want to plug it and check water flow at the skimmer. You may be able to put a flip cover on it and using for vacuuming.

Last edited:
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.