Please slow down!

lulupalooza

LifeTime Supporter
Mar 29, 2008
Evans, GA
I come in here and have 380 posts to read since last night! :shock: no way I am ever going to catch up now!! :lol:

Had a case lot sale at our local commisary, so it was pretty much a waste going to work and setting up my demo table. It was CRAZY crowded. I felt so bad for one lady her baby. They were out there yesterday and stood in line for 5 hours. She was a lobster! And her baby's poor little face was all sunburned too :(

duraleigh

Admin
Mod Squad
TFP Expert
Platinum Supporter
LifeTime Supporter
In The Industry
Apr 1, 2007
Sebring, Florida
Hi, Laura,

I know what you mean. This place cooks!! If you miss a complete day....you're behind the 8-ball. Do you know that this forum is barely one year old? Can you imagine what it will be like next Spring. They'll be 7-8,000 members and you'll have to be one of the "experts"!!! :shock: :shock: :shock:

JasonLion

TFP Expert
Platinum Supporter
LifeTime Supporter
May 7, 2007
Silver Spring, MD
There is another pool forum, PoolForum.com, that many of us came from. Due to administrative problems, PoolForum has been unable to accept new members for a couple of years. SeanB started this forum so that people who couldn't register at PoolForum would have a place they could ask questions. Ben, the founder of PoolForum, either invented or popularized many of the ideas that became the foundation of the BBB method.

whoozer

LifeTime Supporter
Apr 2, 2008
Acton Maine
I couldn't wiegh in yesterday on this topic because there were 387 posts I had to go through! Gees my obsessive compulsive disorder can't take it :-D

SeanB

TFP Expert
Platinum Supporter
LifeTime Supporter
Casey said:
May I ask how this place got started?

You guys are rockin' !
Thanks.

Like Jason said, many of us got started over at PF. I was one of the last to join over there and like many others, wondered about the fate of the site. I started TFP so all of the "guests" who kept visiting but couldn't register, would have a place to ask their questions too. Apparently, people liked the slightly different approach of TFP and began using it as more than just a back up site, and things just kind of took off after that. 8)

You can read a little bit about our first year in this article from the newsletter:
http://www.troublefreepool.com/newslett ... wsletter=2

Casey

TFP Expert
LifeTime Supporter
Apr 16, 2007
SW PA
I went through almost the same thing with a website in Sept 07 and we survived too but you have more #'s than us, we are very busy though! :lol:

Congrats on the new site. I didn't realize how new it was when I joined.