Please I can't get my pool to be Clear and it's been 2 weeks!

JeremyH

Jun 5, 2019
Saginaw, Michigan
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
Please someone help me I've tried for 2 weeks now to get this pool clear It just won't get clean, I have to got to the point of spending a lot of money on chlorine, chlorine shock, pH balance, , alkalinity increase, and phosphate remover which is what I'm doing right now and my pool is clear about half way down but it just will not come clear. IDK what to do, I can post what the levels were in the pool from the pool store calculations but I don't have a dye test kit. Preferably I want to use their test numbers and figure what other people think I should do. I did slam my pool for multiple days which helped but it is still cloudy and I will upload a picture to show what it looks like currently.
P.S. I have no clue whether my pool has algae in the middle or is just dead algae but my filter clogs up in literally 10min after vacuuming.

Reactions: Lilypad
No more pool store chemicals at this point, please.

We do not trust pool store results. Please purchase a test kit. Test Kits Compared - Trouble Free Pool

If you could update your signature with any/all details you know about your pool to help us help you that would be much appreciated. See here: Read This BEFORE You Post - Trouble Free Pool

Until you get your test kit the only thing that is safe to add to your pool is LIQUID CHLORINE.

Welcome !

Last edited:
Well I know this doesn't mean anything to you since it is the pool store tests and I dont get mine until Monday. But here is what the pool looks like and the numbers I recieved, I also added my signatureResized_20190605_192600.jpg20190605_212930.jpg

Last edited:
At 33k gallons, you can add 2 gallons of liquid chlorine daily until your kit arrives. Otherwise, stay in a holding pattern and out of the pool store. Once your kit arrives, test your water and post up your results.

Here are pictures so am I know my ppm by the amount of drops I use? Super confused and I believe my ph is 7.4 or 7.315602058593042404490578160694195.jpg

Attachments

• 15602054579215741077338906889731.jpg
    15602054579215741077338906889731.jpg
    333 KB · Views: 32
  • 15602054741085306800613968156654.jpg
    15602054741085306800613968156654.jpg
    490.1 KB · Views: 31
Last edited:

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Pool results
pH= 7.40
FC=0
CC=.5ppm
TA=170 it said wait until red but it looked pink. Figured it was what they call red.
CYA=0 filled entire tube could still see black dot

I added 1 gallon of chlorine since I have to work from 10pm until 6am, and dont have time to baby the pool

Like last year? Or this spring? I had a huge leak in my pool shed that I didn't know so I replaced the pool water completely since it just kept draining all summer so it probably lost all of the cya. So I haven't had cya since I opened according to the pool store

Great.

Add 30 ppm CYA via the sock method.
Add the CYA by using what we call the sock method. Get an old sock (no holes) and put the measured amount of CYA you need. Tie the sock closed and either suspend it in front of a return (hang it from your brush pole works with something weighted on the deck) OR if it still allows flow thru the skimmer, place the sock in the skimmer. Every 15/20 minutes give the sock a squeeze to speed up the process. Please DO NOT follow the directions on the container of CYA to just pour it into the skimmer and don't just toss the sock in the pool as the CYA is acidic and can bleach/stain pool finishes

Lower pH to 7.2 and SLAM.

Alright sweet, btw my pool is almost completely clear I will update photo of pool tomorrow but I can see the ground perfectly. It's not a perfect clear but definitely not where it was. Im not sure if the pool is not crystal clear because of algae or the dead algae that needs to be vacuumed tomorrow.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.