Please help!!!!

rcmay

Gold Supporter
Jun 13, 2012
Arnold,MD
I just recently became a supporter of TFP so, I used my discount to order new reagents. Unbeknownst to me that they wouldn't fit in my Taylor box and then had to purchase the box from TFP. Is it normal that all the reagents just kind of lay in here haphazardly? The bigger question is how to test for my pH with the R-0014 compared to the R-0004? I have my old comparator from my Taylor test kit. I've tried to read the threads to understand how much of this to use to test my pH. Also, would the instructions from my Taylor kit apply to all the other reagents still? And, I don't know what R-0600 is for. I just had new coping tile and plaster put in my pool and filled on Friday and I'm freaking out that I don't want anything to happen to my brand new finish. And so, I don't know what to do next. The pool company put something in the pool and I don't know what it was, they said it was to help the plaster cure?. Now I'm desperate with pits in my stomach on what to do next to try and get this figured out so that I can keep my water chemistry right and not ruin my new plaster. My main concern now is knowing how to use the TFP reagent for the pH compared to the Taylor pH reagent. Please someone help a desperate woman. Thanks in advance.

PS, I LOVE THIS TFP!!!!!

I did the same thing 2 years ago... ended up just going online, and looking up R0004.
The local pool supply place should have it if you are desperate.

rc,

I suggest that you take a big breath and relax!!! :)

Nothing is going to happen to your pool in a few days.. Pool damage takes a long time...

The product that the plaster people put in your pool is pretty standard to keep the plaster dust under control and it works well and will not cause you any chemical problems..

Thanks,

Jim R.

Reactions: rcmay
Hey! Jim is correct-you can not use R-0014 and R-0004 interchangeably. They are both phenol red, but in different concentrations. Call me and I can ship you R-0004 today if you can not find it at a pool store. We sell the refill set for the K-2006, and though the bottles will not fit in the Taylor box (the R-0010 and R-0011L will), one can easily pop the tip off and pour it into a corresponding bottle that will fit.
The R-0600 is used in the OTO test in the K-1000. The TF-100 has this daily CL test, but your previous Taylor kit does not. You can also buy a K-1000 kit that is the kit that uses the R-0014 and R-0600 you now have. Please feel free to call me at 919-528-1454 or PM me here.

Hey! Jim is correct-you can not use R-0014 and R-0004 interchangeably. They are both phenol red, but in different concentrations. Call me and I can ship you R-0004 today if you can not find it at a pool store. We sell the refill set for the K-2006, and though the bottles will not fit in the Taylor box (the R-0010 and R-0011L will), one can easily pop the tip off and pour it into a corresponding bottle that will fit.
The R-0600 is used in the OTO test in the K-1000. The TF-100 has this daily CL test, but your previous Taylor kit does not. You can also buy a K-1000 kit that is the kit that uses the R-0014 and R-0600 you now have. Please feel free to call me at 919-528-1454 or PM me here.
Thanks so much. I went and bought the R-0004. Could you tell me, if the comparator only registers up to 8.0 for ph, how do I determine how high it is ? It is a very dark magenta color, and how do I determine how much muriatic acid to of use, I've already added several gallons and I can't get the pH down.

For now put 8.2 as your now and 7.5 as your target. Have the pump on high and brush the the pool. Wait about 15 mins and retest the pH. Do the 8.2 and 7.5 Pool Math again with the pump running. You might have to do this a few times until the pH gets down into the 7s. Think of it as a battle between the pH and yourself that you can win with muriatic acid!

Kim:kim:

Reactions: rcmay
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.