Please help me choose a pool surface type...

thanks for the link... without close up's it is hard to tell but there appears to be quite a few borderless ones in the portfolio. This might work, I just wonder about staining a fading showing up more on the liner vs. fiberglass vs. fiberglass w/tile.

Sorry, I did not take any pictures of the pools I looked at. If and when I got back, I will.

dmanb2b said:
mschmidt33 said:
Sorry if I insulted anyone... as for tiling fiberglass, this is one of the things that all the contractors were quoting

Nah...we're a pretty tough bunch. Here is another link for some vinyl ideas...this guy just recently built my friends gunite pool, but also does high end vinyl installs, and has a pretty large outfit in the hamptons on LI

http://www.jackanthony.com/pools/pools.asp?type=4

If you happen to have any pics of those fiberglass pools with a tile border, I'd love to check that out. It will be a few years, but I'll be going through this same process you are when we move again :goodjob:

Thanks for the picture. That is the type of finish we are considering with fiberglass. Sort of a granite look. The pool we are looking at is a Crystal Place pool which is made by Viking. Have you had any issues?

lynns said:
Not all fiberglass pools are just white. Below is a pic of the color of mine. It's kind of a blue speckled texture (I believe they called it crystalite). It does have tile on the waterline. Sorry, I don't have a picture of the tile and the pool is covered up for the winter :(
IMG00051-20100705-1829.jpg

Update... getting closer to a decision... We have our fiberglass guy if we go that route but it is looking less and less attractive compared to the vinyl quotes we are getting. We are down to two vinyl guys... with the extra money we can get some upgrades that are not easy to do later... Very excited.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.