Please Help-Green, Hazy Water and Zero Free Chlorine since 5/18/15 =-(

[h=2]Re: Please Help-Green, Hazy Water and Zero Free Chlorine since 5/18/15 =-([/h]

quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by Azgirl71
You could have not got the 0871 at a better time. 20ppm is your SLAM level! In the morning check it again and put your current FC in the box. Then put 20 in the target. Make sure you have trouble free pool selected. Then add the amount of bleach it says to add to get to 20. If you can check every 2-3 hours and add as needed.

You only need to test FC and CC for now.

I will let Leebo address anything else.

Great! Thanks. I told Leebo I don't understand that calculation chart - he was going to walk me through it. I just want to be told how much of what goes where.... I don't want to make any more mistakes.
icon_sad.gif
I've hit my mistake quota for the next couple of years! lol.

Numbers at 6 am today:
FC - took 30 drops this time to change to clear - So FC is now 15 ppm
CC - took 1 drop to turn clear - So .5 ppm CC
I will try to put in the chart #'s and let you know what it says and please tell me if I am reading it right. Thank you​

http://i725.photobucket.com/albums/ww258/jenmazz/Screen%20Shot%202015-06-11%20at%206.03.32%20AM_zpsajikajfr.png

No way I did this right - it says add 1 tsp? Either I am reading it wrong or I am not filling it out correctly.... See screen shot. Thank you

Thank you Ed! I took out comma and got what you show. So do I add 11 cups of bleach? (85 fl oz/8 fl oz = 10.625) and 8 fl oz in a cup - so 11 cups? I like writing out my math for explanation of my results - in case I did something wrong.
And if it is 11 cups, I spread it throughout the pool, correct? Thank you!

You got it! 11 cups of bleach. I pour mine right in front of the return with the pump running it will send it all over the pool!

Good job! What great people we have on this site!

Kim
Thank you - putting it in now! There ARE a lot of great people! Including you! Thank you! I don't think I have enough 0871 to test again though - I am hoping that my shipment comes sooner than later....I ordered it amazon prime the other day but tracking says by Friday night.

Done - 11 cups bleach added to return.

New2poolz,
Awesome of you to help! Thanks a TON for helping her out. Without a doubt one of the coolest things still I've seen on TFP!

Awtrizzle,
Good catch on seeing that the "," messes stuff up. Never noticed that before. Not sure why it did that, but it sure did toy with the results.

JenMazz,
For now we are going to continue to SLAM Process the pool. Now that we have a complete set of test results, lets focus on two items at this point. FC and CC results. All the others are acceptable, so until either we ask for a test result or until the pool is clear you only need to focus on these two tests.

You are going to keep you FC level at 20 as much as possible. As you did, if your test result is 15 add 85oz of Bleach. If it tests 13, you'll add 119oz of bleach.....and so forth. If you are unsure of how much to add, please ask first. We'll gladly help out. Continue to brush and vacuum as often as possible. Adding pantyhose over the skimmer basket too may help catch some of the very small particles as you brush.

How does the water look today?

Happy to help and pleasure meeting you and Jason. Feel free to reach out if you have issues with the testing or pool math table. We could use a screen share in order to walk you through any calculations. Sorry to hear your running out of the reagent. That was the last of ours as we, too, have a new bottle coming tomorrow; but I'm assuming you should have been able to get at least 4 tests out of that.

Looking forward to seeing pics of a nice clear pool with the whole family smiling!

All the best,

Chris & Liz

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
For now test the FC at least once in the morning and once at night. Once you get more reagent we'll increase that to hourly if possible.

For now test the FC at least once in the morning and once at night. Once you get more reagent we'll increase that to hourly if possible.

So since I can't test again, I wait until I get the other reagent? Then once I test in AM and PM - add corresponding bleach at those times? I am working from my home tomorrow so I can test - just need the stuff to come! And if I test every hour, do I add corresponding bleach every hour?

Thank you!!!!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.