Please Help ASAP - Fiberglass Remodel Issues - Workers Leave Tomorrow

PennyC

Sep 23, 2020
Sarasota
Please Help...I am currently having my fiberglass pool redone and tomorrow is the last day! Yesterday when they did the base coat they did not empty the pool all the way (They left about a 10'-15'- circle of "ground" water at the bottom of the pool). When I asked the subcontractor(?) "Doesn't the pool need to be empty so that you can base paint all of he pool?"...He stated that it would be fine so I let it go....but something festered in me and so I texted the owner this morning to ask the question. She immediately got very defensive which concerned me all the more. She did NOT want to believe me, opted to believe the subcontractor whom she'd been working with for 10 years. Quite frankly she was pretty rude to me all because I asked if this was a problem....Is it a problem???...No base coat on 10' to 15' of the middle bottom of the pool??? If so, what should I do? They are wrapping up tomorrow at noon. This was a very large investment for us - $20K (pool - $7K & pavers - $12,500). Thank you in advance for your help!

Do you owe them a final payment at completion of work? Withhold until you are satisfied with the outcome. Did the owner give any reason for not coating the very bottom? Your original post did not provide her response to your concern. Was it in the contract to coat the complete pool?

Reactions: Enzodast
Good luck I hope this works out for you. Contract should state what the work is supposed to entail... Have you refilled pool yet? Can you prove the bottom wasn't done or would u have to redrain the pool?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.