Silver Supporter
Feb 23, 2022
Dickinson, Texas
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
I search here but can't find the topic. I took out the eyeball on one bubbler that has never acted right after it blew for awhile, turbulence issue. Off the side of the fitting under the eyeball, there's a piece of flimsy looking, almost cellophane, piece of tape that dangles to the middle. Ahah, I found my issue! So, before I ripped it out with the needle nose, I looked in the other one, same thing. Is it some kind of diffuser? It looks too flimsy to be part of the system, but they look to similar to be something from construction. I would have to get a pic tomorrow after light up.

Update: Though I was originally trying to troubleshoot my bubblers washing out after the pool developed some wave action and not looking for a solution to that but more asking what part of system I might be looking, I was not able to get pic under 9" of water and into the eyeball socket. Standard looking eyeball and housing for these bubblers. Anyway, after I tugged a bit on them, not damaging them though, I now don't see the washout. Washout being that after a bit of wave action, one would go completely flat and the other would swirl. So, I'm going to call it solved and suspect it was more about eyeball aiming, maybe, and the little thing in the hole will just be a mystery whether it truly had any role in this.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.