Apr 17, 2018
overland park, ks
Last year we had to fix some cracks in our plaster and the PB replastered the pool. They somehow put 2 different colors down and then had to come out and do another layer of plaster just to make the color uniform . At the end of swim season we notice several areas that were bubbling up. Also on the steps the new plaster was getting warn off and the old color was coming through.

The PB is coming out next week and I am not sure what I should be asking for? Do I need to sandblast the plaster off and start over or is there away to fix it without removing the old plaster? Any recs would be great. Thanks

The ideal situation would be to remove all old plaster, They can do that and get down to the gunite shell. Then replaster properly. the removal of all the old plaster can cost a couple of thousand $$ but it the best solution to ensure your new plaster adheres to the gunite and is a consistent color.

You need to get the plaster company to start over with a full chipout of both your old and new plaster.

From what you describe the replaster was botched with two different colors and then they put another coat of plaster on top of that. And now you have delamination and adherence problems with the layers of plaster.

The only way to recover now is to get a fresh start. Putting more plaster on top of the problems will not fix an unstable base.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.