Plaster, Quartsscapes, Pebbletec, other cost per SF

Hi everyone. I see people posting costs and questions on cost with linear feet as deciding factor for pool plaster cost. I was curious what actual costs per SF are. The LF doesn't necessary relate to actual material costs. I'm getting pricing from plaster guy and I wanted to see if he was competitive. Even though we are a diverse country many of our labor/material costs are still often within 10-15% of each other.

I have roughly 3,028 SF of pool surface area and 238 LF of tile which includes tanning ledges, hot tub etc. and the pool is very close to 71,000 gallons.

If you know what you've paid per SF for a material type in the past post it up, to help me and other future individuals do our comparisons.

Thanks

bf,

Welcome to TFP... A Great resource for all DIY pool builders... :drown:

Let's see what responses you get from our members...

Just from reading this forum, it appears to me that price are really different based on where you are located...

Even pricing in the same general location can vary widely depending on which side of the tracks you are living. :p

That is one big pool....

Thanks for posting,

Jim R.

bf,

Welcome to TFP... A Great resource for all DIY pool builders... :drown:

Let's see what responses you get from our members...

Just from reading this forum, it appears to me that price are really different based on where you are located...

Even pricing in the same general location can vary widely depending on which side of the tracks you are living. :p

That is one big pool....

Thanks for posting,

Jim R.

Thanks Jim. I've been lurking for over a year, reading and this was the first time I couldn't find an answer by searching.

I have to agree with Jimrahbe, pricing can vary a lot even in the same city. I just did a renovation on an old pool, did replaster and tile, a friend did a replaster and tile using a different company, our pools are similar in size and he paid a bit more than I did. I had 100 linear feet of water line tile done, it was about $6.90/ft for a special order upgraded tile and about $200 for labor. My friend paid around $1200 total for tile and went with a standard tile selection which I believe is about $5.50/ft, his linear feet was only about 10ft more than mine. I did Quartzscapes plaster for $4000, my friend did colored plaster for about $6500, I don't know the size of the pool surface, but both these pools are roughly 15k gallons. Replaster is supposedly a little more than a new plaster job, because of the labor for the chip out of the old plaster, I have no idea how much different the cost is though.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.