Plaster problems?

Oct 20, 2018
Ft. Worth, TX
A benefit of having clear water is being able to see all the side and bottom surfaces of your pool. We had our pool resurfaced about 7 months ago with a Wet Edge Quartz finish and are now seeing several things show such as light spots, darker areas, patterned looking lines, streaking, and even a few footprints. Our PB took a look yesterday and thought it might be some sort of calcium related issue (I don't get that given my numbers), he's gonna have his plaster guy come take a look. I attached a few pics....., has anyone else dealt with this sort of thing? Here's my latest numbers, I've had/maintained steady similar readings since the resurface:
FC 5
CC 0
Ph 7.7
CH 350
TA 60
CYA 30
water temp 82
CSI -0.010

IMG_1255.jpgIMG_1245.jpgIMG_1251.jpgIMG_1249.jpgIMG_1244.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_1249.jpg
    IMG_1249.jpg
    253.9 KB · Views: 35
Those finish problems have nothing to do with your water chemistry. Acid washing may blend it in some. Best to just view it as adding natural character to the finish.

The PB must have stopped by today, when I got home from work there was a quart of Orenda SC-1000 Scale and Metal Control and a different brush (nylon/metal combination). They didn't test my water, I don't know about adding that stuff. I don't see how I could have a calcium issue, my fill water comes from our softener.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.