Jan 31, 2021
Delaware
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
Hi All,

New pool owner and am having a panic moment. We noticed on day 3 lines in the pool. We are thinking this is from water delivery. We were told by our builder that we could have water tanked in as long as we had a hose running the entire time between loads. You can actually see the line between all 3 tanker truck loads of water. We called our builder and they said just make sure we added the magenta anti stain protection and just keep brushing. They stated the lines will come out.
We are on day 8 and still the lines are there. We haven't been in our pool yet as we were told 14 days from pool fill day for balancing and plaster curing.
Our plaster is Anvil Quarzscape.
Any advice?
Thanks!

Welcome to TFP.

Unfortunately it is too late. The lines will not come out. They may fade over time. Brushing will not make a difference.

You can swim in a new pool as soon as pH is in the 7s.

If you would take a bath in that water in your bathtub then it would be OK to swim in.

Are you following some startup guide?

Yes, we are following our PB Start up guidelines. Can't get in for 14 days per their warranty. Our plaster is still spongy in spots so wanted to make sure no issues. I read an acid wash with a bubbler might take the lines out.
Our PB stated the lines shouldn't have happened with hoses running. Obviously I'm frustrated.
We brush every day, twice a day, have added the PH balance, the chlorine tabs. Everything else gets added at the 14 day mark.
My PB guidelines are about the same as TFP. I am about to order my TF100 kit too.

Sorry to hear about your plaster issues. Could you post some pictures of the lines and also the spongy areas. If there's spongy areas on Day 8, then I would be more concerned with that then the lines. Our plaster was solid on Day 1, even though we didn't get in for a week. Just feeling the sides and the ledge.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.