Plaster day was today! Need Chlorine advice

Paigez0215

Bronze Supporter
Feb 9, 2018
Jacksonville, FL
yay! ok so I have my TF Test Kit. My pool builder left a brush and some tablets. He said as soon as there is a few feet of water in the pool to add the tablets to the ball and let it float and then when the pool is full take a sample to pinch a penny. So here are my thoughts. I thought you weren't supposed to add chlorine to a newly plastered pool for 48 hours? I will follow his instructions about taking a water sample so we have it documented for the warranty but I think I would rather do my own testing once the pool is full and go from there tomorrow. Or should I just throw the chlorine tabs in the dispenser like he said?

Because tabs dissolve so slowly, it's probably not a big deal when you compare it to our Pool School - Start-up New Plaster (Traditional Start-Up) page. You can review our instructions and compare to what your builder instructed you to do, but I would follow his recommendations. I don't suspect the tabs will cause a major change in levels in just three days, so it should be fine. Once you are past that 72 hour mark, begin to slowly adjust levels as required. If your builder added anything to the water at fill, keep good notes on that as well for later. Congrats on the new pool! Now you get to update your sig and change it from "in-progress" to "completed". :wink:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.