Maryland
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-60
I had my pool plaster redone about 4 seasons ago with wet edge luna quartz. I followed the directions to the letter brushing the pool twice daily while the acid bath was going on. I waited as instructed to ad salt after the curing interval. As expected the pool had A high acid demand. 4years later it still has a high acid demand. During the season the pool is perfectecly ph balanced with my swcg. But each year after closing the Ph rises dramaticaly, eight or more. I have gotten into the habit of checking chlorine levels and ph mid winter. The chlorine is always good and the ph is ofthen crazy high so I add MA and recirculate with a cover pump. On top of that My pool seems to create small white volcanoes that erupt from the walls.They drip down the sides of the pool. Most of this exudate is easily removed with a wire brush, but at the base often a white concretion will remain that does not come off easily. Lastly the sparkel of my wet edge is no longer. It has become greyish patchy and when looked at underwater with a swim mask. it almost looks like the areas between the stones is filled in with a greyish plaster. Could all this be related? Could it reflect a bad batch of plaster from the get go? Would an acid bath help ? Any thoughts appreciated.

Ps. I suspect the white volcanoes are calcium nodules. What causes them? I did have a bond cote and old hollows were removed before the new plaster.

Allen, Better late than never I hope-- I wanted to thank you for these articles that perfectly explain what is going on in my pool. I continue to scrape nodules and I continue to be dissapointed in my wet edge finish which was dazzeling but is now greyish blotchy.
Many thanks

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.