Planning a new pool and backyard build, Phoenix, AZ

Can you give a bit more details or numbers around this? Are you saving anything over going with a PB?

I went to 3 pool builders in Phoenix. California pools, Shasta pools and Tribal waters. They all gave me close numbers little over 100k for the whole project. After putting all the numbers and bids in i am little over 100k just like they quoted me.
I am speaking of my experience in the Phoenix Market, I think now contractor gets special pricing from subs which i couldn't access.
I might have saved few thousands but with no PB warranty.
Don't get me wrong i am loving the process and the control it gives me but next time i would go a different route.

I went to 3 pool builders in Phoenix. California pools, Shasta pools and Tribal waters. They all gave me close numbers little over 100k for the whole project. After putting all the numbers and bids in i am little over 100k just like they quoted me.
I am speaking of my experience in the Phoenix Market, I think now contractor gets special pricing from subs which i couldn't access.
I might have saved few thousands but with no PB warranty.
Don't get me wrong i am loving the process and the control it gives me but next time i would go a different route.
Thanks for the info, we were very surprised at how much two of those builders quoted us, bummer you aren't seeing a big savings. Any cash discounts?

For who doesn't know, i used a service to get design, engineering, permitting and contacts to subs. I believe now a General contractor would have done this cheaper than what i am getting it for. If you know a general contractor you trust run your plans by them first before you start the process. My recommendation for my friends going forward to get a design and specs done then get bids from general contractors. You really have to know the specs down to the rocks and every piece of equipment to be able to compare apple to apple. It is a fun process to learn.
Today got inspected for gas. Monday is plumbing

c154c020cdcd962b4846128f6780df61.jpg

It is coming together

I love your design and this is coming together quickly. We just shot our shotcrete yesterday and it is fun to see the actual shape/shell of your pool. When are you getting your shotcrete? I am excited to watch this build. Have you decided on your pool line tile and interior finishes? Are going to carry the pool line tile up your feature wall?

Shotcrete yet to be scheduled. Lot of learning to do, I just learned yesterday that steel has to be 5 inches away from the Venturi skimmer return. A little hiccup happened, excavator forgot the light niches and steel rebar'ed over them. it is being fixed now, Electrical pick it up. The interior finish will be Pebble sheen blue surf, the tile line we are not sure yet. We are looking for something that goes with silver granite. the tile will go one the water feature wall too. The dirt behind the water feature is higher the pool deck. I may need to put a short retention wall there.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Different installers do it at different times. One might be better than the other but if you PB and subs are used to this way it might not work to ask them to do it that way. Really a non answer as this is something you need to talk to your PB and subs about.

Kim:kim:

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.