Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Jandy Aquapure 1400
All,
I'm in North Texas and as you know we had a huge artic blast. I had freeze protection on but came out this morning to check and noticed the spa return was not working or the bubbler or any returns in the pool. It was fine last night when I checked before bed and pumps have been running 24x7.. Went to equipment and it was on an running but had cracks in pipes as seen below. I shut everything down and pulled all the drain plugs from pumps and cartridge filter.. Until I can get someone out to repair could I do a temp fix with some silicon sealant, or should I just wait.? Im a newb so sorry if this is a dumb question..Screenshot 2024-01-16 115844.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Sad
Reactions: dfwnoob
Im in the same boat. Freeze protection is running and 2 of the 3 pumps seem fine
the main pool pump is running but pumping zero water and some of the valves appear to have leaked. Im going to figure out how to disable that pump and drain it and leave the others on .... I think that's going to be best

Reactions: Newdude
Im in the same boat. Freeze protection is running and 2 of the 3 pumps seem fine
the main pool pump is running but pumping zero water and some of the valves appear to have leaked. Im going to figure out how to disable that pump and drain it and leave the others on .... I think that's going to be best

It is your pool/spa return diverter valve.
I dont know. How can I tell?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I have never seen a main filter loop freeze with active flow. It's difficult for moving water to freeze solid within that 2" line. Perhaps it's just my area isn't cold enough, but we've had a rare dip into the teens every few years.

I'm suspicious your flow after your filter was not what it should have been/needed to be to prevent freezing.

All,
I'm in North Texas and as you know we had a huge artic blast. I had freeze protection on but came out this morning to check and noticed the spa return was not working or the bubbler or any returns in the pool. It was fine last night when I checked before bed and pumps have been running 24x7.. Went to equipment and it was on an running but had cracks in pipes as seen below. I shut everything down and pulled all the drain plugs from pumps and cartridge filter.. Until I can get someone out to repair could I do a temp fix with some silicon sealant, or should I just wait.? Im a newb so sorry if this is a dumb question..View attachment 550187
Sorry to see that. Be sure to drain anything in the equipment area that can hold water. Your heater, filter, pump(s).

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.