Pipe diagram thoughts and advice needed.

You could probably get away with massage jets in all return locations - you will just need to monitor your pH and adjust accordingly as the pH will rise with increased aeration. Are you planning for an air line with or without a blower also?

My understanding of massage jets is that the inside orifice can be changed out for different sizes to give the desired affect. Maybe another member will weigh in with more info on them.
Never thought about an air line... what are the benefits? My automation box will monitor PH and EC.

Out of my wheelhouse really. There are lots of members who can help with spa jets and air lines. Hopefully they will be along shortly.

Never thought about an air line... what are the benefits?

An airline will bubble and churn the water. Without air in a spa jet you just get a hose stream of water.

On my spa I can run the jet pump and get water pressure out the jets, or run an air blower and bubble the spa water, or run both and get water and air out of the jet.

Separate water and air lines are run to each jet and combined in a manifold behind the jet.

Reactions: caroexx
I see that there are Two kinds of flush returns... one that slips into 2” and one that slips over 2”... should I go with the slip inside or outside?

Post pics or links of what you are looking at.

I think it depends the type or pool and piping. If the pipe is encased by gunite you will not be able to slip it over the pipe.

Last edited:
Reactions: caroexx
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.