*PICS INCLUDED!* Leveling for my upcoming Intex Pool...

Your slope doesn't look much different than ours. In the pics below you can see where the old Intex pool was and where we are planning to put the new 24 ft pool. I am going to borrow my neighbors BobCat to do the majority of the digging. I used another neighbors tractor and FEL to do most of the digging the last time. According to the water level I made there is a difference of about 10 - 12 inches in elevation. Sure looks like more to me, but hey, water levels don't lie.

pool1.jpg
pool2.jpg
pool3.jpg

You can expect to spend 3-$350 for a bob cat delivered. If you have run one before, that should be relatively easy to get level. If not, you can burn some hours and fuel trying to get it right. It would be worth getting a landscaper or a smaller outfit to give you a quick quote. Shouldn't be too bad considering the dirt could just be spread out on the low side hill.

The bad reviews are mostly about rust. I don’t know why certain pools have this issue and others don’t (or fewer instances).
The metal frame rusted after 5 years, so I built a wooden frame. Then I ruined the liner, so I deconstructed and ordered a new liner which arrived yesterday. This weekend I will be re-constructing it. Water in old pool was 1" unlevel, so I added some sand to build up the low side. This time I'm going to put 4'x8'x1/2" styrofoam sheets under liner for a flatter bottom than the sand provided as it got dimples from walking on it when filling pool. You can see it all in my thread Pool start up March 2015 - just for posterity's sake.

I think I’m going to post on Craigslist and see if someone can knock this out for a few hundred. I refuse to spend more on ground prep than I did for an Intex pool lol
I have a friend coming to do my ground work in 2 weeks. between paying for fuel in his skidsteer and his time plus buying him beer and dinner....already over $300. i have to dig 2 long Rear trenches for electrical and gas so in my eyes its a good investment.

I tried to hire it out and no one is interested in this project that I have contacted this far. Our friends and family suck so I’m not counting on them lol should I just post on Craigslist? We started digging yesterday and think we started digging from the wrong spot ugghhh.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.