pH question

tstex

Silver Supporter
Aug 28, 2012
Houston, TX
Hello to all and a belated Happy Easter.

My pH rises pretty quickly in 2-3 days from a 7.4-7.5 to a 7.9-8.0 range after adding the appropriate pool math number of MA to bring it down. I only run the scuppers to mix the acid and help circulate high FC thru the lines and run the spillover to pool 2 hrs per day..no more water aeration.

Now, I have a robot that circulates in the pool and noticed that in no matter the depth [the greater the shallower or on the steps], the robot agitates the water. Has anyone ever run an numbers on what robots can do to the pH? I run the robot sometimes 3-4 days straight when the nbors palm trees drop a lot of X into our pool.

Thank you very much, tstex

How old is the pool and plaster?

What is the pH, TA, CH of your fill water?

Post a complete set if tests. What is your TA?

Interesting. I know that pH can be raised by aeration (including borax and soda ash). The scrubber could be providing enough aeration to pull up your pH? I'll let an expert chime in here soon. But please provide your full set of results for TA, CH, CYA, and FC.

I'll answer what I can now and do some tests either late tonight or Wed.

The pebblesheen was completed in late Jan 2015 and filled right after / thanks for posting

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    681.1 KB · Views: 5
I run my robot and do not see any pH rise change.

But I rarely run it on multiple days.
Wind and rain also aerate the pool water quite a bit.

I run my robot and do not see any pH rise change.

But I rarely run it on multiple days.
Wind and rain also aerate the pool water quite a bit.
It's been real windy here for 2-3 days at a time over many diff intervals...I've known that rain aerates but maybe the wind is the key...the wind is what blows all the palm X into the pool thus making me run the robot a lot more...thanks

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.