catsncoffee

Jan 28, 2020
Phoenix, AZ
My pH and TA seem to keep rising which i suspect is because my fill water is trash. Should i target my TA lower, like 60? Or will it level itself out if i just keep doing what I'm doing? We did a full drain in March so this is pretty fresh water. I already added MA twice this week because my pH keeps rising above 8.

Current readings -

FC - 6.5
pH- 7.4
TA - 90
CH - 425
CYA - 50

How often and how vigorously do you run the spa? That kind of aeration can drive pH out of range in a few hours. I have barely a trickle through my spillover spa, just to keep the water fresh, and I slipped a rubber cap over the air intake to minimize the bubbles. Lowering TA helps. I also drove my TA down to 60ish. I still have to add acid every time I add a couple inches of water.

Reactions: catsncoffee
With evaporation, you are adding your high TA fill water. To be honest, adding MA twice per week is pretty much normal. I see pH of 7.8 and target 7.4. I do this twice per week from mid-May to mid-Sept.

We have the same fill water, the Colorado River.

Reactions: catsncoffee
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.