Ph is very high

One detail and your free to do as you like, but youve already passed the three SLAM ending criteria. No need to continue it today unless you just want to.

Like said above, your FC requires depend on how much CYA is in the water.
Sorry about the confusion and the multiple threads. I understand the chart and know to check my FC and CC daily to maintain in the target range. My CYA is at 30. I am going to take a sample to pool store to double check it, since it seems to be on the low end and I want to make sure I did it properly.

. I am going to take a sample to pool store to double check it, since it seems to be on the low end and I want to make sure I did it properly.
Then double check yourself. Asking the dumbest kid in class for his thoughts is not the wise choice. It will only confuse you further.

Trust your gut with your A+ average.

Reactions: Lprecords
Sorry about the confusion and the multiple threads. I understand the chart and know to check my FC and CC daily to maintain in the target range. My CYA is at 30. I am going to take a sample to pool store to double check it, since it seems to be on the low end and I want to make sure I did it properly.
The pool store has a harder time with accurate CYA tests than you do. Save the fuel.

That is less than 10 ppm of CYA. The test is not that accurate.
Yes, that is why I thought it would be best to increase it in increments, since the test is not always accurate. My Taylor test only goes as low as 30ppm and I knew it was lower than that, just was sure by how much. Even if the pool store is off by 5-10ppm, I’m still low. That’s my thought process. As of right now I have nothing eating my chlorine except sunlight. I have no algae. I passed the OCLT, but still losing Chlorine throughout the day. It must be due to low CYA?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Hello Trouble Free Pools!
I have a few questions that I’m hoping to get help with. I have passed the OCLT several weeks ago. Since then, my FC keeps dropping daily by 2-4ppm or more. I have 0 CC, and pool water Is crystal clear.

Here are my numbers as of this evening:
FC 2.0 down from 5.0 this morning
CC 0
PH 7.2
TA 100
CH 160
CYA 30
Last year I switched from a Perma salt system to liquid chlorine. I see that the CYA chart is different for SWG and a chlorine pool.
Here are my questions:
Since I was a salt water pool at one time, and there is salt still in my water, (although I’ve displaced a lot of water since then) is my CYA considered low? I guess what I’m asking is should I be using the swg chart for cya even if I’m using liquid chlorine? Is this why I’m losing so much chlorine daily?
And finally, if this type of loss is typical, is it acceptable if I just keep adding chlorine daily to reach the optimal level according to the pool math chart so I am certain my water is sanitized and safe for swimming?
Thank you in advance!

Since I was a salt water pool at one time, and there is salt still in my water, (although I’ve displaced a lot of water since then) is my CYA considered low?
CYA of 30-60 is great for a liquid chlorine pool. Salt doesn't matter.
I guess what I’m asking is should I be using the swg chart for cya even if I’m using liquid chlorine? Is this why I’m losing so much chlorine daily?
No, No.
And finally, if this type of loss is typical, is it acceptable if I just keep adding chlorine daily to reach the optimal level according to the pool math chart so I am certain my water is sanitized and safe for swimming?
Losing 2-4ppm per day is typical. You can consider raising your CYA to reduce the chlorine need. I would also raise your target for additions higher, so that when you test you are still in range. You should never see a test result lower than 4 when you test. If you are losing 4ppm, then add enough to get to 8, so that when you test after a 4ppm loss...you are till in range.
Thank you in advance!
De rien.

Reactions: Lprecords
CYA of 30-60 is great for a liquid chlorine pool. Salt doesn't matter.

No, No.

Losing 2-4ppm per day is typical. You can consider raising your CYA to reduce the chlorine need. I would also raise your target for additions higher, so that when you test you are still in range. You should never see a test result lower than 4 when you test. If you are losing 4ppm, then add enough to get to 8, so that when you test after a 4ppm loss...you are till in range.

De rien.
Thank you this helps. I will raise my fc target.

Happy Saturday! Just a quick question.
I have a few people coming over to swim today, and I'm wondering if it is good to swim with these numbers, as I don't want to add any chlorine until this evening. I'm also wondering if the ph is too high for little kids? Like I said, I don't want to add anything to the pool just before people arrive, I want to wait until tonight. I think I'm okay, but would like a second opinion. Thanks!
FC 2.8
CC 0
PH 7.8
TA 100
CYA 30 (rounded up)

I see the Chart says I can be a minimum of 2ppm and a target of 4-6, just wondering because I know it will go down as we swim and I don't want to get below that 2. So, just wondering if it is okay to bring back up to 3ppm before guests arrive?

I would suggest you add some chlorine. Not sure why you are hesitant. Raise it to 6-8 ppm FC.

pH is fine.

Start 10 ppm CYA worth of stabilizer dissolving using the sock method. Put the sock in the skimmer.

Reactions: Bperry