pH: How low can I go??

2thdoc1

Sep 14, 2020
Kalamazoo, MI
I’m trying to balance my TA in my new fiberglass pool. With my well fill water having a TA if 350, it has been a slow process over the past month. I’ve added MA in multiple doses to get to 190, but still have far to go! I’ve been taking pH down to 7.0 then aerating/waiting for it to rise to about 7.4 before adding acid again, which has taken over a week each time. We are done with our swimming season now but most likely won’t close the pool for another couple weeks. Can I reduce the pH even lower to lower the TA, or should I keep waiting and close with it on the high side? Thanks!
FC:6.8
CC: 0.2
pH: 7.0
TA: 190
CH: 450
CYA: 80
salt: 4100

Maybe the page below with illustrations will give you some ideas? You can use your imagination. The more aeration you can generate, the quicker that pH should increase for you.

Ha ha. We posted at the same time.

Maybe the page below with illustrations will give you some ideas? You can use your imagination. The more aeration you can generate, the quicker that pH should increase for you.

Ha ha. We posted at the same time.
You owe me a coke...

• Haha
Reactions: Texas Splash
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.