pH change

Jun 11, 2016
Boston, MA
I seem to have a little trouble maintaining pool pH. All numbers are reasonable except pH. It was 7.8 three days ago so I added about 30 oz MA. It is around 7.8 again today. I know it is sometimes hard to manage pH with SWG. Is that normal to add MA so frequently? Am I missing something else? Thanks.

- - - Updated - - -

Sorry I mean pH change :) Sunday morning.

Fixed Title... Jim R.

s,

7.8 is just fine... Most SWCG pools like their pH to be about 7.8. I would not add MA until the pH goes above 7.9.

High TA and aeration caused by water features will also cause pH to increase. The lower the TA the less pH will increase as long as you stay above 50.

Thanks,

Jim R.

Shouldn’t TA be 70-80 for a SWG ? That’s what I have written down

dms,

Each pool is different and a lot of people have stable pH with the TA between 70 and 80.. But, it is not an issue to reduce your TA below 70 if it helps with pH stability.. Once you go below about 50 the pH often becomes erratic, so 50 is our lower limit...

Thanks,

Jim R.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.