pH/Alkalinity

kspan

Bronze Supporter
May 11, 2015
uniontown, ohio
Cannot get pH to rise!?! I have added baking soda & borax...nothing!!! I use a Taylor test kit & my pH color is below 7.0 so I don’t know exact number. Alkalinity test states after I add 2 drops of R-0007 & 5 drops of R-0008 sample should turn green but mine stays red!! I’m not sure what to do now!! Help please!!!

Please post a full set of test results. You are sharing your Poolmath logs but you are not saving your test data.

Your TA test shows you are at 0. In Poolmath, assume TA is 0 and target 50. Add that amount of baking soda. Circulate for 30 minutes and test TA. Repeat until your TA is 50 ppm or above.

When the TA is red, the TA is 0 or negative.

To calculate the actual TA, use r-0006 base demand to titrate from red to green and then multiply the result by 6.3 to see how negative the TA is.

Add 2 drops of R-0007 & 5 drops of R-0008 to get to the red sample. Then add R-0006 drop by drop counting the drops until the sample goes green. Multiply the number of drops by 6.3.

When is the last time that you actually tested this?

You have been a member here for 5 years, but you don't seem to actually learn anything as you keep having the exact same problems every year.

Last edited:
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.