Pet Pictures

Ike and Reagan have just melted my heart!

Sooo soooooo cute!

Casey,

Thanks! I read in a post earlier about allergies. Dalmatian's very commonly have skin disorders and are generally food related. When Ike was younger, he always had what we called a thick ear because he was always scratching. We cleaned it out on a regular basis and on occasion would have to take him in for a good cleaning and steriods. About a year ago we switched to a holistic brand of food (Eagle Pack) www.eaglepack.com. Since the switch we have had no visits to the Vet and he rarely scratches. We used to feed our dogs Purina Dog Chow. You can find Eagle Pack at a local feed store or go to their web site for a dealer search.

Sal

Thanks Sal.

I know first hand about food allergies. They change your life if you ask me. I have a fatal peanut allergy... I'm the only one in my whole entire family who suffers so when Casey started with her hair loss, I thought that maybe she had developed a food allergy too, obviously not like mine but a food allergy nontheless. The itching was and can be insane! The vet said it was a flea allergy but never said anything about environmentals but I do believe she could be allergic to something in the air too.

I keep her on FrontLine and it does help.

Now she has epilepsy too. I had her on phenabarboital but weaned her back off because it's a huge liver killer. Vet said it could cut her life in half and that was too much for me.

Just seemed not worth keeping her on it all the time, even if she wouldn't sieze. Oh, it kills me to watch her go through those seizures, I and my hubby stay with her so she doesn't fall off the porch. Just kills me but the meds never helped so I monitor them time and intensity wise and let the vet know. He says they are relatively painless for the puppie and moreso painful for the owner. She bounces right back afterwards like it never happened.

I usually know when it'll hit cuz she'll walk around, almost drunk a few hours before.

Those pups of yours are too cute though! Ike's eyes are gorgeous!

Casey,

Thanks, everyone seems to take to Ike because of his eyes and spots. He is a hansome devil. Reagan is actually show quality and has the personality. Ike has the brawn. You should check out Eagle Pack's website. I saw something in there about epilepsy. Might be worth a try. Worked for us. It's about $40.00 for 33 lbs. Stay away from peanuts.

Sal

I just book marked that site! I'm going to look into it further and I did check the ingrediants for peanuts and didn't see any in the couple brands I clicked on and that is very good news to me. I don't let my dogs eat peanuts and I'll tell everyone that they can not feed my dogs peanutbutter or give them treats because a good bit of dog food is made with peanut flour. :shock:

One day, I was shopping at Wally World and there was this old guy, vollenteering to give away samples. I usually avoid these people because they push food and I say, no thanks, I have a food allergy and keep walkin... but this guy came up to me and grabbed my hand gently and put something in it and asked me if I had dogs. I looked down and he had placed a wrapped peanutbutter dog bone in my hand. I hurriedly gave it back telling him I couldn't have it and he said, You're not suppose to eat it honey, it's for the doggie. I kindly smiled back at him and said but if my doggy eats it and licks my face, he/she could make me very, very sick from the peanutbutter. He was shocked that in all his years he had never heard of someone being allergic to peanutbutter and he apologized and accepted it even though he couldn't believe it.

So, I went on with my shopping and I saw him one more time and he pointed at me and said... NO PEANUTS FOR YOU and winked at me. 8) He really got it and that's all I wanted from him was for him to understand and he did. I think what sux most about it is when people refuse to acknowledge what I know is real. I have had one woman give my dog a treat and before I could stop her, Casey had already eaten it and I asked her what she gave her and sure enough, it was a peanutbutter dog treat. I had to stay away from Casey for 24 hours and that was hard.

So thanks for the site. I'm going to look into it! 8)

here are our two fur babies

Scout 5 mos Australian shep (and our pool swimmer)

Bindi 5 yrs Australian Shep.

Attachments

• IMG_3264.jpg
    IMG_3264.jpg
    212.8 KB · Views: 441
  • IMG_3267.jpg
    IMG_3267.jpg
    197.5 KB · Views: 440
Wow, I'm surprised, seven pages and not a single newfie.

Well, now there is one. Milo is our 1 year and 4 month old puppy. She's only 115 Lbs and still as about 40 to go.
She's actually very smart sometimes. She knows how to climb up the ladder and get into and out of our pool on her own. :shock:

This was just after we got her on the way home. She was 8 weeks old at the time.
8weekoldMilo.jpg

Here she is at 5 months(last summer) swimming in our pool.
PICT0397.jpg

This was Milo 5 minutes before I made this post just layin' around on a hot day.
IMG000049.jpg

Adam

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I love Harley already along with the other dogs, the pig and iguana! :mrgreen:

Here is a pic of my rotty Zachary...

He hasn't been feeling well lately with arthritis. :(

I love this thread! Everyone's animals are beautiful. We have a 2 year old border collie X named Roscoe. He HATES water. It's no fun bathing him. So, no pool. That and it being vinyl we figured his nails would rip it. But he is my shadow and I couldn't imagine life without him. We also have the king of our house, Otis. He is my daughter's cat. They have a special love/hate relationship. Mainly the hate comes in when she dresses him up. :shock: Anyway, here are a couple of pictures.

Roscoe begging for my daughter's beef jerky. He wanted it so bad his mouth was watering!
Picture824.jpg

IMG_0077.jpg

IMG_0068.jpg

Brandy~

Rosco looks like my brothers dog, Pixie, who use to live with us.

Love the pics!

Well I had to add my photos[attachment=0:j4k3s0hu]b1.jpg[/attachment:j4k3s0hu] of
Sir Fonzworth Bentley (Bentley)[attachment=1:j4k3s0hu]b2.jpg[/attachment:j4k3s0hu]

and his Alter Ego: "Captain Bark!"[attachment=2:j4k3s0hu]b3.jpg[/attachment:j4k3s0hu]

Attachments

• b3.jpg
    b3.jpg
    63.9 KB · Views: 273
  • b2.jpg
    b2.jpg
    64 KB · Views: 273
  • b1.jpg
    b1.jpg
    42.1 KB · Views: 273
Ha! he looks positively piratish in that last picture. It's amazing what a pirate hat can do for ya, huh? hehe Cute pictures, btw. I love the life jackets. Mine still wouldn't go near a pool, even with a life jacket. And he's a border collie/australian blue heeler. He's supposed to love water!

What great photos of everyone's pets! Lots of big doggies love the water, do any of the small ones? We have a new addition and she is not likely to be a water dog. But Sam sure loves it....

100_1020.jpg

This is Lily, all 3 lbs of her. I did really well at telling my kids no more dogs for the last 3 years. I'm still not sure how this happened! Sam looks at us like "at least you could have gotten me something I can play with"

100_1030.jpg

100_1033.jpg

100_1031.jpg

OMG! I definitely feel right at home here....dog lovers and pool owners in one place! I have 4 yappie dogs and two will jump in on their own. One of them (the white one in the picture) will go outside and swim by herself when its hot, even though we have told her not to swim alone and posted signs! She is the type that swims along side anybody doing laps and goes crazy if locked in the house when anyone is outside swimming. Aren't dogs and pools a great match? (Please ignore the lack of landscaping...this was five years ago and within the first few days of having the pool "swimmable".) [attachment=0:2dfzgnl5]7-02.jpg[/attachment:2dfzgnl5]

Attachments

• 7-02.jpg
    7-02.jpg
    43.4 KB · Views: 679

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.