Yucca Valley, CA
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-40
Opened the pool earlier this month and the water looks good and is testing good for CYA and FC. But I still have a couple of spots of algae that just aren't going away. What do I need to do and for how long to get rid the spots?

Ok, so it's gone from bad to worse due to my accidentally overfilling the pool by leaving the water running for 6-8 hours. This drained off the CYA and killed the salt cell as the salt level fell to around a 1/4 of the desired level. I just added the 2nd bag of salt to bring it back in range.
Here's where I'm at:
CYA - less than 30 - tube was full and the dot was just starting to blur
Chlorine - nonexistant
pH - 7.2-7.5
I don't have the FAS-DPD test, but am getting ready to order one. Only problem is that it won't be here for at least a week and wife wants pool ready by Wednesday.
Here's what I have to work with:
Leslie Pool Power Powder Plus (hypochlorite)
10 gallons of liquid chlorine (10% solution)
4 gallons liquid CYA
Additional dry CYA

Can anyone give me a recommendation on how much to add and how often to complete a SLAM without being able to test for the total level? Is this even possible?

Additional question: I currently have the Taylor test kit which tests for pH and chlorine levels. I had also purchased the hTh kit from Walmart that includes CYA, Alkalinity, and hardness tests. Do I need the full TF-100 or will just the FAS-DPD kit, FAS/DPD Chlorine & CC's test, suffice for putting me where I need to be?

You need the FAS-DPD and the CYA test. To buy those two tests alone are nearly the cost of a full TF100.

Read SLAM Process. Your pH should be close to 7.2 and CYA at 30 ppm. Then raise your FC to SLAM level and maintain several times per day until you pass the three criteria.

With your fill water CH level, using the Leslies calcium hypochlorite is criminal. They should not even sell that stuff.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.