Pentaire sand Filter sizing guidence

Aug 19, 2017
Reno, Nevada
I would appreciate some advice on the proper sizing for a Pentaire sand filter which I need to purchase to replace my antique Baker sand filter.
8,000 gal pool, Pentaire #011018 VS pump (yes, I am aware that the pump is overkill for my small pool, but I inherited it when I bought my house),
boiler heated. The pool is concrete and plaster, built into my elevated deck, so I suppose it's technically considered above ground. The equipment is below the deck, level with the bottom of the pool.
Thanks in advance for any help.

What size is the Baker filter? And do you want a multiport valve or push pull backwash valve? The Pentair TR-60 would be more than enough for your pool, it is a 3.1 sq. ft. filter and has a maximum filter rate of 60 gpm. Which just means with your pump you would run it at a lower rpm most of the time, if you need more flow for a spa or something you would need to go with the larger TR-100

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.