Pentaire problems/spa

Dianne65

Feb 15, 2021
West Palm Beach, Fl
Hello,
approx 8 years ago I had a custom spa/waterfall built (not enough room for a pool) . I left all decisions to the contractor who installed a Pentaire ic40 salt chlorine generator system. To date, I’ve had non stop issues with equipment going bad and spent $$$$ on replacing things. I have a company that maintains the spa weekly but I’m beginning to wonder if bad water chemistry has contributed to all the money I’ve spent replacing things - I'm on 2nd heater, second pump, 3rd set of lights, and now I’m told salt generator cell went bad. The cell was replaced yesterday but there are no lights. I’ve contacted the pool company that I’m seeing no lights. Could I have a bad salt cell AND bad power supply? As a point of reference, I noticed last week that the spa was cloudy. I went out and purchased a test kit and there was high ph and zero chlorine. What a mess. I really have no clue when the salt generator went bad but based on the maintenance log I found, there have been no entries for a year! I’ve always assumed this Pentaire system was too complicated for me to learn but now I think feigning ignorance is my biggest $$ mistake. Thoughts from the group?

Attachments

• IMG_0478.jpeg
    IMG_0478.jpeg
    662.2 KB · Views: 16

We need to see all the equipment at the equipment pad. Including any panels mounted to the wall.

My 'guess' is that your pool service is taking advantage of you.. But that is just a guess based upon my positive experience with Pentair equipment over the last 10 years...

Thanks,

Jim R.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.