Pentair water easy touch indoor wireless remote buttons mapped wrong

Testinglife

Aug 24, 2022
Canada
Hello I am not sure how it happened but my pentair water indoor remote thing switched the buttons around. I used go be able to switch to spa mode and pool mode. I also used to be able to turn on my spa blower. Spa on used to be button 1 then bubbler/blower then lights. Now it's lights as number 1 button 2 turns on my aux 3 which does nothing and the other 2 don't do anything.

Is there a trick to remapping or retraining the buttons? Ideally button 1 would do what the V button does on the outdoor panel which switches from spa to pool. And button two would activate aux 1 which is the spa blower. And button 3 would activate aux 2 which is the lights.

T,

What did you do just before this happened? I doubt it would happen all by itself.

Was someone reprogramming things?

I have ScreenLogic, so have no direct experience with the remotes.

Let's see what Tom has to say... Calling @ogdento

Thanks,

Jim R.

T,

What did you do just before this happened? I doubt it would happen all by itself.

Was someone reprogramming things?

I have ScreenLogic, so have no direct experience with the remotes.

Let's see what Tom has to say... Calling @ogdento

Thanks,

Jim R.
Unfortunately I have no clue, probably one of my kids doing things with the remote. I figure there must be a way to train each of the buttons to do something. If so I'll just reprogram them.

Hoping someone here knows.

Thanks

You can't change the mapping of the buttons on the remote. They are always Spa, Aux1, Aux2, Aux3.

So there are 2 possibilities: either a vandal has gone to your outdoor panel and rearranged wires, or your wireless remote has lost its mind. Let's hope it's the latter. Try removing the batteries for a minute and reinserting them. If that doesn't work, power cycle your EasyTouch at the outdoor load center.

You can't change the mapping of the buttons on the remote. They are always Spa, Aux1, Aux2, Aux3.

So there are 2 possibilities: either a vandal has gone to your outdoor panel and rearranged wires, or your wireless remote has lost its mind. Let's hope it's the latter. Try removing the batteries for a minute and reinserting them. If that doesn't work, power cycle your EasyTouch at the outdoor load center
I pressed the reset button on out door panel. Is that enough or should I switch the power on and off. Taking the batteries out of the wireless remote did nothing. Is there a particular set of wire that controls the V button on the panel ? Maybe I could go mess with that ?

We have had people work on the pool in the last year. I was away for a few months and my adult children stayed there. It's possible someone changed some wires when we had work done on the heater ?

T,

I can't think of any reason that someone would rewire your EasyTouch.

Show us the buttons on the EasyTouch and the labels above them.

Thanks,

Jim R.
For sure I'll get a picture when it's light again tomorrow. Unfortunately though if I recall it's not labeled other than saying aux 1, 2 , 3 etc. First button is the F and is labeled as filter/pump. And then the rest of the top are aux 1 - 8.
Then next row is the mode and

Reactions: Jimrahbe

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I did a self test on the easytouch wireless controller remote and when it gets to the switch test and makes me press all the buttons. It's fine until it asked me to hit spa, then it says failed error code 4. But ya like I said the top spa button does the lights or aux 2 now. And the second button does aux 3

T,

Do the buttons on the EasyTouch work as they should? In other words, do Aux 1, 2, and 3 turn on what they did before the remote problem?

I notice a connector for a valve actuator that is not connected, any idea why?

Thanks,

Jim R.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.