Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
CircuPool RJ-60 Plus
Folks,

Had my Pentair Warrior a week now. We named her Waltzing Matilda (Mattie for short) and she's almost like a new pet in the family.

Positive:

• Cleans very well. Way better than my suction cleaner. Really cleans doesn't just vacuum.
  • Simple to set up. Really just put in the water, let it gently fill with water and fall to the bottom. Then plug it in and then start it up and set the timer
  • First time in it picked up a lot of sand/dirt and some obstacles I had put in the pool just to test it.
  • Scrubbing at the water line is really neat to watch. Not sure how it decides which way to move but it pumps water from the top to push against the wall and shoots water out from one side or the other to move slowly along till it drops down does some bottom work then pops up somewhere else to clean more of the water line.
  • Seems to clean everywhere including the two dead spots my old suction cleaner didn't get.
*** UPDATE: Edited to reflect an undocumented Automation mode. Thanks again to TFP members for the help ***
  • At first I thought there was no way to automate this cleaner because the instructions require a physical button press to start. But people here reminded me there's an undocumented Automation mode that starts the cleaner when power is applied without pressing a button on the control. I wish they would document this feature.
Verdict
Mattie is here to stay! She's to pool cleaning what salt is to chlorination. She's a permanent member of the family.

Chris

Last edited:
Reactions: frick134
fig,

The bad news is that robots, and all cleaners, are not designed to remove algae... :mrgreen: If you have algae you have other issues...

The good news is you just need to hose the filters off and and stick them back in..

Thanks,

Jim R.

It works! Just pressed the timer button for 10 secs as the video indicated then all 3 LED's light. Now it starts and stops by plugging/unplugging. I'll check in 2 hrs to see if I can restart it or if I have the 2 hr limit some seem to have. 2 hrs is plenty for me anyway so I can live with that if it turns out to be a limit.

OK final report. Let it run in automation mode 'till it shut off, waited 20 min and unplugged/replugged it in. It started right up! Boy the pool is so clean! Mattie does a great job!

Reactions: markayash
OK final report. Let it run in automation mode 'till it shut off, waited 20 min and unplugged/replugged it in. It started right up! Boy the pool is so clean! Mattie does a great job!
The mistake I made the first time was if you hit the power button manually It disable the automation. I don’t always carry my phone so.
I bought a refurbished echo and have it outside under the shelter so can tell Alexa to turn on the dolphin. Haven’t got it to work consistently for “Alexa turn on the dolphin for 1 hour yet” but probably how I am saying it

C
I just bought a smart plug off amazon and use the app. My dog thinks it’s an alien and it’s trying to escape and goes nuts so I run mine during the early morning.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.