Pentair Warrior SE directional actuator problems

Jun 28, 2017
Delray Beach, FL
I have a call into Marina regarding my 2.5 yr old Pentair Warrior SE but I wanted to check here as well if there was anyone familiar with an easy fix. It seems to me that the directional actuator is not working. When I do a powerup test out of the water, the actuator doesn't move but the drive and impeller seem fine. The first symptom I noticed was that the robot never really changed directions in the pool....just back and forth over the same general area. I took it apart and can move the actuator manually, turned it to one side and now the robot turns all of the time, and won't climb the walls. I also no longer see the flow of water to the surface.

For those folks who have opened up their motor, is there any chance the actuator is user replaceable?

FWIW, I have a screened pool and only run the robot every 4-6 weeks, keeping it out of the pool in between. I don't really want to calculate the "cost per cleaning" if I have to replace the $450 motor.

4/6

Did you already take it all apart right down to where you can see the whole impeller. If not, that is easy to do, and you need to make sure there is nothing like hair or string wrapped around the bottom of the impeller.

Just taking it apart and putting it back together may just "fix" it.

Thanks,

Jim R.

I would be furious if I only ran the cleaner every 4-6 weeks and only got 2.5 years out of it. That equates to very little usage. I'll be disassembling mine soon, maybe when I get in there I will learn something of value for you.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.