Pentair VS not starting

I read your first post that the issue you were having was with the Filter pump, and that the water feature pump was OK>

Jim has you on the right track.

Big,

In theory, as long at the Pump #2's display says "Display Not Active", and the "Water Feature" circuit is on, and the System is in "Auto" then the pump should run.

If it does not run, then an RS-485 communications issue is most likely the problem..

It could be the cable
It could be the RS-485 chips in the Pump
It could be the RS-485 connection between the cable and the pump.

What I suggest is that you ensure the connections between the RS-485 cable from pump 2 is making good contact. RS-485 has different send and receive chips.. It is possible that only one side has gone bad, (or come loose) and that is why the pump says "Display not active"..

Since pump number 1 is working fine, as a test, I could disconnect the RS-485 cable from pump 1 and connect it to pump 2.. (Just right at the pump, not inside the ET..) If pump 2 then runs you would know it is the cable or some connection issue. If pump 2 still does not run, you will know the pump is the problem..

Note that you should never connect or disconnect any RS-485 connection with power on as it can damage the chips.

Thanks,

Jim R.
Sounds good.

Based on what I see, you are right. It's something in that cable or the chips. What is odd is that the pump came on randomly when I was not attempting to work on it. Given the service mode works, it has to the cable or the chip.

I will try the option to swap them out and see what happens.

Thanks!!

Big,

Well, I thought my idea on swapping pump cables was a great idea... But.. I forgot that your two pumps have different internal RS-485 addresses...

Your Main pump has address #1 and assume you water feature has address #2.

It might make sense to check your water feature pump and see what address it reports...

If you still want to try this idea, you will have to go into the Service mode and temporarily change the address of your water feature pump to address #1. This can only be done at the pump's control panel and has nothing to do with in ScreenLogic that one pump is called #1 and the other #2.

Sorry for any confusion.

Thanks,

Jim R.

No worries at all.

One interesting note: I left the auto mode setting active and turned on the pump. It (of course) did not begin working right away but 15mins later started working. I let it run for a while and turned it off as it wasn't needed. The next day I did the same thing: turned it on and roughly 15-20mins later water began flowing.

So I think it's some kind of delay. Is there a setting for this in the panel or via the windows app? I don't see anything and find this odd.

Thanks for the continued help from everyone!!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.