Pentair Ultratemp rapid cycling

saw the same pattern today (despite ambient in the 70s):

1580094613798.png

The alert screen on screenlogic shows nothing - going to go check the heatpump panel now (and then I'll flip to local control to see if it heats up, unless something comes very clear.
1580094702930.png

M,

Filing a claim makes sense to me...

But if for some reason you do not want to file a warranty claim, you could always use the standard two wire control system used by most pool heaters... It would still do everything you need to do. I am not sure what advantage you get with having your heater under RS-485 control. 95% of all pool heaters are controlled without an RS-485 link.

Thanks,

Jim R.

I assume the RS-485 is required to handle cooling. Am I mistaken there?

Check the alarm status in Heat Pump control panel to see if there are any alarms logged.

There are a total of 14 logged alarms. Mostly low flow, one low ambient temperature and the very first one was no RS-485 connected, so this is likely going back to when I installed the system.

Given that appear to have been more than 30 restarts in the last 7 minutes of operation, it sounds like we've eliminated the error coming from the ultratemp. Is there some more advanced logging available from the easytouch? Somewhere it's storing the information for that graph, and something is happening that is causing all those false starts / stops.

coincidentally, after turning off the RS-485 and sticking with local control, it's already increased by a degree. Should be up to full heat in 30 minutes.

I am experiencing similar issue. My UltraTemp 140 worked last fall via ScreenLogic App but is not working now so I reported it to pool builder. Pentair sent an AC tech to check the unit, put it on RS485 bypass and run without issue so he thinks it is RS485 controller.

Placed a call into Pentair support which a tech logged into my system, checked out a few things, and asked if I have solar temperature sensor connected. I opened panel and the solar temperature sensor is not installed but instead just a jumper with resistor bridging the 2 terminals. Tech concluded that my system is missing solar temperature sensor and it is needed for the EZT to read temp differences.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.