Pentair SWG IC-60 Reads zero salt but FC says otherwise... thermistor p/n? or ideas?

TeamNelson

Platinum Supporter
Feb 15, 2013
Tucson (Marana) AZ
My Pentair IC-60 SWG shows zero salt ppm. Taylor test says 3400 lower then I want now & FC is 7 currently higher then needed but with a cover and not home it got up on me. My unit seems to be out of warranty August 2018 - Pentair online warranty says if online purchased unit is 60days, which we did self install as this was 2nd unit.

Reading some posts I am not clear on which:
1) do I need a thermistor (? Part number 520272 March 2017 was replaced then)
2) a reset to the system
3) a new IC-60?

I have an EasyTouch8 do or can I reset this panel& where or just the brick controlling the App to the panel. This is my 2nd SWG in 7 years. The 1st on was replaced warranty before year two being 2014 & the 2nd was replaced August 2018.

Is the SWCG generating chlorine? If the ET is showing 0 salinity and the SWCG is generating, no issues.

A self install of a replacement cell gets a two year warranty as long as you registered it.

There have been reports of ET and Intellitouch not reporting the salinity reading. Must be a glitch. Complain to Pentair if you want.

In Tucson, your salinity will never change, except go up a tiny bit, unless you drain your pool for some reason.

If you manage your CSI, you should never have to clean your cell. It reduces its life when you clean it. I have never cleaned mine in 4 years of use.

Nelson,

We have seen several complaints of this problem.. The cell is working fine, but for some reason it does not report the salt level to the ET.. I'm pretty sure Pentair has no clue why they do it. I personally believe it is a timing issue between various components in the system.

This problem has been solved by just rebooting the EasyTouch
Replacement of the Flow Switch
Replacement of the EasyTouch main board
Replacement of the EasyTouch SWCG power supply (Surge) board
Replacement of the Cell itself..

So, you can see there is no right answer.. I personally believe that even temperature plays a role in when the failure occurs.

If you want to try to fix it, I'd use the above list and start with the cheapest repair.

Otherwise, just let the cell run and test with the K-1766 to find that actual salt level.. As long as the low salt light does not come on and the unit is making chlorine, there is no real need to repair it.

Thanks,

Jim R.

There have been reports of ET and Intellitouch not reporting the salinity reading. Must be a glitch. Complain to Pentair if you want.

In Tucson, your salinity will never change, except go up a tiny bit, unless you drain your pool for some reason.

If you manage your CSI, you should never have to clean your cell. It reduces its life when you clean it. I have never cleaned mine in 4 years of use.
Great Info! I sure appreciate that & now I know better - again thank you Sir!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.