Pentair SWG and intellichem?

Robert1078

Mar 7, 2021
San Diego
Hi all, new member, I tried searching but couldn’t really get a good answer, it might be a pretty novice question, but I’m in the middle of building a pool (almost done, plastering next week) and all the equipment is going in next week, and we are specced for the easy touch 8 and the intellichlor system. My question is if we have this setup, is there a benefit to adding the intellichem system as well? Or is it redundant / not necessarily? What’s your experts opinion? Thanks in advance!

Welcome to the forum.
Do not get the Intellchem. It attempts to control FC using an ORP probe to adjust the SWCG. It does not work in outdoor pools.
It is very easy to manage the pool water chemistry with a proper test kit.

Welcome to TFP.

The Intellichem adds unneeded complexity to your pool. It is more trouble then it is worth.

It takes little time to adjust your SWG cell settings a few times a year and reduce your pH once or twice a week.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.