Pentair SuperMax #343001 to Jandy Automation?

Apr 20, 2012
Tampa, FL
Hello all. I currently have a Jandy Automation controller and need to swap the existing motor/pump with a new one. I would like to be able to control this new pump through my automation. How can I tell if this is able to be completed? I have Jandy Aqualink with automation and PDA and it was installed around 2007. The system is a Jandy PDA-PS4 and it has firmware PDA 2.6.1 and it also shows J-Box: 1.29 and Handheld: 3.0

Thanks

Last edited:
Your Aqualink cannot control the speeds on the Pentair SuperMax #343001 pump. All the Aqualink can do is turn it on and off the same way your current pump is controlled.

Why did you end up with the SuperMax pump and not a Jandy pump?

K,

The supermax VS does not have an RS-485 com port so it can't be controlled by the serial commands that most automation systems use.. The same applies to the Pentair SuperFlo VS..

It is not the pump to buy if you want to use your Aqualink. You will need an IntelliFlo style pump if you want to stick with a Pentair pump.

Thanks,

Jim R.

Another question, is what would I need to change on my existing automation to control the variable speed. Right now I have a two speed pump and can control that through the Jandy PDA. I am assuming I would need to change the controller to add this functionality.

The SuperMax pump cannot be controlled by automation. That is why it was inexpensive.

You need a Jandy VS pump to be controlled by Jandy Aqualink.

Do you have available relays in your PS4 system? Maybe you can control two speeds on the SuperMax with the external triggers...

63B8F5AC-BC75-45C4-9224-10126806A525.png

Last edited:
I do have a relay for the existing 2 speed pump and think that may solve my problem. My biggest issue is that besides my current pump being old and failing is that the slow speed on the current pump is to slow and it doesn’t allow the Salt Water chlorinated to recognize flow. So no flow, no chlorine. With this I should be able to find a speed that should work. Thanks for info but still need to prove this before I jump in.

Your problem of low flow may be caused by a clogged DE filter and not your pump. A pump does not fail that way by slowing. It either runs at its specified RPM or it doesn’t.

When did you last clean your filter?

What is your current filter pressure at high RPM?

What is your clean filter pressure at high RPM?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.