Pentair SuperFlo with Hayward AquaPlus - NEED HELP Integrating

Agreed it looks good. For the pump control wire.

The surge protector should be wired to its own dual pole breaker and not connected directly to the pump as far as I know. Can you tell me the brand and model of surge protector you used?

You should zip tie the low voltage wire away from all of the 110/220v wiring and bus bars tho. You don't want them touching each other if you can help it.

Ok, I added in Aux 1 for another speed. Powered the system back on and I am now getting a VSP Comm Error. I went through on AquaPlus and the pump is set to variable speed, I have set speeds for each of the relays 1, 2, and 3. And in the Timers menu I have times for the operation to run. I also set the pump to external control only. Any thoughts on what to check?

Also, surge protector is a Intermatic PS3000.

Thanks,

Eric

James - Thank you!!

It looks like it is working!!!!! I am able to turn the pump on and off through the keypad, when I hit the filter button a second time it goes to low speed. ;)

If I set up timers on the AquaPlus will it turn the pump on and off as programmed? Also, most importantly, will the salt cell work in conjunction with this set up (this is the part we are most concerned about - maintaining the chlorination).

I can't thank everyone on this forum enough - You guys are awesome!!

Eric

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks CJ for the info on the surge protector! I will try that - could I keep it wired like this for a couple months and then switch it over?

Yes, you should have a timer for high speed and low speed.

The salt system will work when either speed is on.

You can verify operation by checking diagnostics.

There are some 2 minute delays for certain functions. So, if something doesn't seem to work, it might be a built-in delay. Wait two minutes and then check again.

You are very welcome for the help.

Yea you can leave the spd wired that way it's not going to hurt anything. It would offer protection to the entire automation panel if you do the breaker. Rather than just the pump. Also wire nuts are frowned up inside a breaker panel.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.