Pentair SuperFlo VS with a bad bearing. Where to find the parts?

May 16, 2015
Columbia, SC
Hello all, I have a Pentair SuperFlo VS pump that is a little over two years old and is making an odd noise. I'm 95% certain its the outboard bearing on the drive motor, so I'd like to repair it before it completely locks up. Looking at the Pentair documentation, they'll have you throw away the motor and replace it at a cost of $300. I think it can be rebuilt. Does anyone have a resource for the generic rebuild parts as well as the pump motor bearings? I'd like to have my downtime as minimal as possible. If I could get all of the parts in one place that would be great. Thanks for the help.

Chris,

With all the Pentair equipment you have I'm surprised it is not still under warranty.. :confused:

Jim R.

You're right. I need to call my installer today and see if I'm still covered. DIY repair is my backup plan. It also annoys me that Pentair wants you to throw out an entire motor for a $6 bearing, so part of me is dying to pull that thing apart and figure out the bearing size.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.