Pentair SuperFlo VS Not Running

seeitdifferent

Bronze Supporter
Hello, we recently discovered that our pump is no longer running.

There is no read out on the display at the pump. When I press the various buttons on the pump panel nothing happens (ex. I can't switch to maintenance mode, change speed, take off auto to main control panel, etc.). There is no error code at the main control panel. I tested the voltage on circuit breakers in main control panel they are fine. Main control panel is a Hayward AquaPlus. I did complete the solder repair for fixing the "Chorinator Off No Cell Power" last year (
).

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.

Eric

Eric,

Are you sure you have a Pentair SuperFlo VS? I ask, because it is not really designed to be controlled by an automation system.

Did you reset the main breaker? Did you test the power right at the AC power input to the pump itself?

If the display is blank, then either the pump is bad or you have no AC power input to the pump.

Most VS pumps get constant AC power.. But, it could be that someone wired your pump to a relay inside your automation. If so, that relay could be bad.

Pics will help us help you.

Thanks,

Jim R.

Eric,

Are you sure you have a Pentair SuperFlo VS? I ask, because it is not really designed to be controlled by an automation system.

Did you reset the main breaker? Did you test the power right at the AC power input to the pump itself?

If the display is blank, then either the pump is bad or you have no AC power input to the pump.

Most VS pumps get constant AC power.. But, it could be that someone wired your pump to a relay inside your automation. If so, that relay could be bad.

Pics will help us help you.

Thanks,

Jim R.

Thanks Jim! Yes, the pump is correct. I know, folks on TFP helped me wire it 2 years ago when I installed it. I did reset the main breaker. An electrician is coming over tomorrow to test power at the pump, in the panel, etc.

Here is the picture of the set up in the automation panel
It is from this thread (where you guys helped me install / wire it) :)

I will post the results of the power tests tomorrow afternoon.

Best,

Eric

Good Morning,

I have an electrician here and he has determined that it is most likely the control pad on the pump (Part #353123). He has tested various areas of power running to the motor and not seeing it at the pump control (on top of pump). When we remove the data cable we do not get anything on the display. There is another part listed #353127 - does this include the cover, control pad and the power supply? Is it best to just replace this entire piece so as not to rule out the power supply? I also have contacted Pentair to see if my pump is still on warranty. If it isn't, is there a best place to order that part? Is the forum partnering with INYO Pools? The main issue is, I need it sooner rather than later, both to confirm that is the problem and I have guests arriving next week Thursday :)

Thanks,

Eric

Attachments

• SuperFlo_VS_Variable_Speed_Pump_schematic.pdf
    584.1 KB · Views: 8
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.