Pentair Suntouch keeps starting Aux1 Circuit

Kjhoffman

Gold Supporter
Jul 4, 2017
Bradenton
I am looking into this for my friend. He has a suntouch system. The other day after the pool maint man left he began having a problem. The blower for his spa turned on sporadically. I looked at his schedules and only see 1 schedule, for pool to run 10-5 daily. I also noticed on the panel display it said Aux 1 and 3 were on. The blower was running so i pressed the aux1 button on the panel and the blower turned off and the panel display now read aux 3 The following day at 8am the blower came on. Where would the setting be to turn on a circuit at a certain time if not in the schedule ?

Have not seen many Suntouch controllers mentioned. If similar to other Pentair *touch systems, if you mess with starting and stopping the pump with the buttons on the panel, it messes up the scheduler. Typically have to wait a complete 24 hours for it to reset.

Let's see if @1poolman1 has messed with one of these.

Have not seen many Suntouch controllers mentioned. If similar to other Pentair *touch systems, if you mess with starting and stopping the pump with the buttons on the panel, it messes up the scheduler. Typically have to wait a complete 24 hours for it to reset.

Let's see if @1poolman1 has messed with one of these.
Messed with, hated, removed. They crammed too much into that tiny package. Sometimes it takes a complete reset of all parameters, schedules, etc. in that control to start over and remove what appear to be "phantom" programs, which are usually the result of someone trying to find one of the menu items and making a change that was not intended.
The attached manual, page 25 has instructions for that.

Attachments

• suntouchUG.pdf
    3.7 MB · Views: 1
Reactions: mknauss
thanks all. It took a while to "clear out" schedules, stop aux circuits etc and now it appears to be working correctly. Not sure what happened but he is happy so thats a good thing. I am Not a fan of suntouch :)

I must say how much I truly appreciate my screenlogic interface whenever I have to look at my friends suntouch system.

Reactions: Jimrahbe
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.