Pentair "Spa Brite"

Illupo

Jul 3, 2016
Scottsdale
My 1800 gal spa pool was built in about 1986. Original equipment included what I believe to be a Pentair Spa Bright light, but I am not sure. The faceplate has the greek key design of Pentair and is 6 inches in diameter. The niche is 5.5 inches deep. Unfortunately, whomever installed this did not leave the 4 or 5 feet of extra cord so that the light can be removed from underwater for photos or repair. Several years ago, the bulb burned out which is when I discovered no extra cord. What I can see is the housing full of water, and an Edison type bulb base at the back.

I want to replace this with the Aqua Light which has the halogen bulb, but am confused as to all the different wattages. I wish I could read on the old fixture what the orignal wattage of the Spa Bright bulb was, but any lableling that may have been there is long gone. For my size pool, I am thinking that a 100 Watt would be sufficient. Anyone with any experience on these lights with any advise?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.